Easts Tigers v PNG Hunters
Suzuki Stadium on Saturday, June 2 – 4pm
Head-to-Head: PNG 3 Easts 2 Drawn 1
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #TIGESvPNG
- PNG Hunters rake Wartovo Puara (pitured above) will play his 100th game for his club this weekend; making him the first Hunter to do. That number includes last year’s Intrust Super Championship match played against Penrith Panthers before last year’s NRL grand final.
- It will be an added milestone for him, with the experienced player taking over the captaincy duties in place of an unwell Ase Boas.
- Butler Morris and Charlie Simon are the two additions to this weekend’s squad.
- While the Hunters have won the past three games between these two sides; they have not won a game against Easts at Suzuki Stadium, Langlands Park.
- Boosted by the inclusion of players such as Christian Welch, the Tigers found some great form last weekend when they clicked into gear to soundly beat the Wynnum Manly Seagulls 54-16.
- They have won two of their past five home games this year while PNG have only won one of their six away games this year. It came against Wynnum Manly in Round 10.